Pharmacy chains activity analysis

Pharmacy chains activity analysis

Russian pharmaceuticals retail chain segment evaluation, both on the level of the state and in particular regions. Pharmacy chains development forecast

Forecasting

Product sales and separate market development forecast, based on unique mathematical models

Business and marketing plan development

Development of detailed business-plans, required to evaluate the reasonability of project start

Search of partners for contract production in Russia

Potential partners search and evaluation, based on their technical opportunities, appropriate experience, and reputation

Monitoring of import substitution

assessment of the main trends of import substitution policies and localization processes in the pharmaceutical market in Russia, the key beneficiaries and companies at risk

Customs Brokers Clear 75% of Imported Pharmaceutical Drugs

Thursday, June 4, 2015

There are 36 customs brokers that clear pharmaceutical drugs for import to Russia. They clear almost 75% of imported ready-made pharmaceutical drugs (75% of import expenditures). Russian importers clear the remaining 25%.

Nearly the whole number of imported pharmaceutical drugs cleared by customs brokers passes 15 largest companies. The top-5 companies operate the import of as many as 70% of ready-made pharmaceutical drugs. The absolute leader in both market shares and number of importers is Rosteck-Farma. The company clears one third of imported pharmaceutical drugs while cooperating with 49 importers. It is followed by TS Transservis, a subsidiary of Protek Group. The company cooperates with more than 20 importers and clears 13% of imported pharmaceutical drugs.

A number of customs brokers work with certain importers on an exclusive basis. Out of largest brokers, there are 3 of those – ATEK R-Leader, Unitrade and RSTK Logistika. They cooperate with Gedeon Richter Russia, Johson&Johnson and Invar, respectively. However, these pharmaceutical companies also work with other customs brokers and clear their goods themselves.

Top-15 customs brokers clearing imported ready-made pharmaceutical drugs, in monetary terms (January – April 2015)

Share: